G-10 Enrollment Cap

PhD candidates, ordinarily, will not be permitted to register beyond their tenth year in the Graduate School. The department G-year will be taken into consideration, and exceptions to this rule may be made for students who have special circumstances. If an exception is requested, GSAS requires 1) a letter from the advisor explaining the progress the student has made and the reason for the request, and 2) a letter from the advisor or student explaining the plan of completion. Students no longer enrolled because of this policy will be withdrawn (as outlined in Chapter V) and may apply for readmission to the Graduate School to register for the purpose of receiving the degree when their dissertation is complete.